Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by vishnu murali <vi...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/01 06:58:26 UTC

Cant Able to start Kafka MirrorMaker

Hey Guys,

I am trying to move data between one cluster to another cluster

*Source*

*Destination*

*Zookeeper*

2181

2182

*Kafka*

9092

9091

*ConsumerProperties:*

bootstrap.servers=localhost:9092
group.id=test-consumer-group
auto.offset.rest=earliest

*Producer Properties:*
bootstrap.servers=localhost:9091
compression.type=none

i am having topic in 9092 as actor which is from MySQL Sakila Schema actor
table

In the 9091 i don't have any topic ,so i try to migrate data from 9092
->9091 it is showing like

D:\kafka>.\bin\windows\kafka-mirror-maker.bat --consumer.config
.\config\consumer.properties --producer.config .\config\producer.properties
--whitelist actor

WARNING: The default partition assignment strategy of the mirror maker will
change from 'range' to 'roundrobin' in an upcoming release (so that better
load balancing can be achieved). If you prefer to make this switch in
advance of that release add the following to the corresponding config:
'partition.assignment.strategy=org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.RoundRobinAssignor'

[2020-05-01 12:04:55,024] WARN The configuration 'auto.offset.rest' was
supplied but isn't a known config.
(org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.ConsumerConfig)

*it's stucked in that place itself no more operations is performed!!!!*

and the topic is not copied into 9091

i dont know why

can anyone able to identify and explain me a way to do it please?

Re: Cant Able to start Kafka MirrorMaker

Posted by nitin agarwal <ni...@gmail.com>.
There is typo in your consumer configuration, it should
be auto.offset.reset.

Thanks,
Nitin