Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Bagepalli, Kiran" <kb...@informatica.com> on 2002/10/15 20:12:52 UTC

Importing schemas

I had posted this question earlier and had not received any reply.
1. I want to create multiple schemas(different targetnamespaces) and refer
to each other in memory. ie. I do not have a physical file to reference the
schemas. So essentially I need to do a import <memory file>. Is there any
way, I could programatically achieve this using xerces.
2. In SchemaElement, I only have information about the enclosing scope(which
is a level). How can I get to the elem id of its parent. Local elements in
schemas have scope limited to their enclosing parent elements. Given a local
element 'X' I can today say it is at level 6. But this level 6 may be with
respect to any global element and any hierarchy in this declaration.

Thanks
Kiran