Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ir...@gmail.com on 2004/06/24 22:30:22 UTC

Saving a file on the server side

Hi,

I have the following entry in my sitemap:

<map:match pattern="movies/*">
      <map:generate type="file src="movies/{1}_info.xml"/>
      <map:transform type="xslt" src="xml2bt.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize type="text"/>
</map:match>

What I want to do is save the generated file on the server side rather
than send it as a serialized stream to the client. Any ideas how I can
do that?

TIA,
Irfan.

Re: Saving a file on the server side

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
irfan.hamid@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following entry in my sitemap:
>
> <map:match pattern="movies/*">
>       <map:generate type="file src="movies/{1}_info.xml"/>
>       <map:transform type="xslt" src="xml2bt.xsl"/>
>       <map:serialize type="text"/>
> </map:match>
>
> What I want to do is save the generated file on the server side rather
> than send it as a serialized stream to the client. Any ideas how I can
> do that?

Irfan,

Check out the SourceWritingTransformer.

Tony