Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Adrien Ruffie <ad...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/09 09:12:45 UTC

Monitoring Kafka

Hello Kafka Users,

I want to monitor our Kafka cluster correctly. I have read several articles
on "how to monitor Kafka" but I have the impression that every company is
doing a bit of a thing (rearranging them in his own way).
What the really thing I need to monitor, verify and set notifications
sending when a threshold is reached ? (meaningful alerting).
Is there a no commercial application (not paying) for this ?
For example where we can see the ratio of actual bytes on disk compared to
the configured maximum bytes for the topic, or log flush time, consumer
lagging, under replicated partitions.
And a way to set several notifications/alerts on:
- when ysed swap is > 128mb
- when disk is > 85% used
- IsrShinksPerSec|IsrExpandsPerSec != 0
- UnderReplicatedPartition > 0
- NetworkProcessorAvgIdlePercent < 0.3

I take all the ideas that could allow us to take care of our cluster.

Best regards.

Adrien

RE: Monitoring Kafka

Posted by adrien ruffie <ad...@hotmail.fr>.
Thank it is very useful for me, because I already have a kibana and grafana installed.

I will try it.

Thank again Daniel

Adrien

________________________________