Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/10/25 18:26:52 UTC

Re: SpamAssassin 3.0.1 is released!

Posted by "Christopher X. Candreva" <ch...@westnet.com>.
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> Right. The issue is with installation-time tests, not rules. There's a bug in
> a low-level Perl module that's only exercised at "make test" time.

Actually, I'm fairly certain it's also exercised if you run spamd as root.
Because I am one of the people who reported it.

(Basicly, it issues hostname with parameters expecting to get the full
hostname, but hostname on Solaris sets the hostname to whatever the first
parameter is).

I had 'fixed' the problem here by hard-coding our host name into the
Sys::Hostname::Long module.

Chris Candreva  -- chris@westnet.com -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/

Re: SpamAssassin 3.0.1 is released!

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.
--On Monday, October 25, 2004 12:56 PM -0400 "Christopher X. Candreva"

Posted by "Christopher X. Candreva" <ch...@westnet.com>.