Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johannes Schneider <ma...@cedarsoft.com> on 2009/03/11 20:37:51 UTC

Version ranges

Hi,

I have a problem with version ranges. I try to compile Spring Rich
Client Platform.
There is a dependency to Jide defined:

[2.2.0, 3.0.0)

In my local repository there is the version 2.2.7 located.
But compiling fails with this message:

No versions are present in the repository for the artifact with a range
[2.2.0,3.0.0)
  com.jidesoft:jide-action:jar:null

When I change the version to 2.2.7 manually, everything works fine.

Could anyone give me a hint how to solve this?

Thanks,

Johannes

Re: Version ranges

Posted by Johannes Schneider <ma...@cedarsoft.com>.
I have downloaded them from another repository (deployed to that one, so
they where downloaded automatically).

So there exists valid metadata for several repositories. But none for
"local"...
Thanks for pointing that out.

Is it possible to recreate the local metadata?

Regards,

Johannes

Re: Version ranges

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
you must have valid metadata to use ranges... did you install the jar into your local repository?

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:37:51 Johannes Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with version ranges. I try to compile Spring Rich
> Client Platform.
> There is a dependency to Jide defined:
>
> [2.2.0, 3.0.0)
>
> In my local repository there is the version 2.2.7 located.
> But compiling fails with this message:
>
> No versions are present in the repository for the artifact with a range
> [2.2.0,3.0.0)
>   com.jidesoft:jide-action:jar:null
>

> When I change the version to 2.2.7 manually, everything works fine.
>
> Could anyone give me a hint how to solve this?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Johannes

Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer
mailto:gholam@apache.org

Re: Version ranges

Posted by Ringo De Smet <ri...@gmail.com>.
2009/3/11 Johannes Schneider <ma...@cedarsoft.com>:
> There is a dependency to Jide defined:
>
> [2.2.0, 3.0.0)
>
> Could anyone give me a hint how to solve this?

Drop the build number from your starting version, only leaving the
major and minor part:

[2.2, 3.0.0)

Leaving the build number out of your version specification can be
interpreted as : [2.2.*, 3.0.0)

Hope this helps.

Ringo