Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Lemle <er...@ihc.com> on 2005/02/19 00:05:50 UTC

Re: ??? Please help with including two action results STUPID!!!

STUPID!!!!

the flush="false" was breaking it.   What the heck does that property
do, except make you wonder whether it should be true or false or not
there at all?
It works when it is not there at all.
-Eric

Eric D. Lemle
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Intermountain Health Care
36 South State Street, Suite 1100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
United States of America (USA)
(801) 442-3688 -- e-mail: Eric.Lemle@IHC.com

>>> eric.lemle@ihc.com 2/18/2005 3:08:17 PM >>>
Joe:
Well, I implemented this entire concept without the parameters and
using the MappingDispatchAction too.
And , after all that I am ending up with the same dam problem.
It is only showing one of the <tiles:include when more than one should
show up.
This was the original problem when using <jsp:include

here is a snippet....

<logic:present name="basicInfoPDF">
<a name="Basic Info"></a>
<tiles:insert page="/BasicInfoReport.do" flush="false" />
</logic:present>

<logic:present name="interestsPDF">
<a name="Interests"></a>
<tiles:insert page="/InterestsReport.do" flush="false" />
</logic:present>

<logic:present name="referencesPDF">
<a name="References"></a>
<tiles:insert page="/ReferencesReport.do" flush="false" />
</logic:present>

At 10:30 PM +0000 2/17/05, Eric Lemle wrote:
>Tried
>
><tiles:insert page="/InterestsAction.do?dispatch=display"
flush="false"
>/>
>
>but nothing shows up.  Is this what you meant?
>
>So if I get the latest struts.. this might work?

You definitely can't pass parameters through a <tiles:insert> call;
the end result of the insert tag is a call to
requestDispatcher.include(...), which doesn't accept parameters.  If
you need something like this, you should use the
MappingDispatchAction, which allows you to use the Struts Config to
specify a dispatch method instead of passing it as a request
parameter.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska