Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Chris. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de> on 2005/07/13 10:59:03 UTC

JkUnMount is unknown to apache

Hi all,
i am using tomcat 4.1.30, jk1.x and apache 1.3.x.

In my vhost i have

JkMount /* api13
JkUnMount /forum/* api13

Goal is not to forward domain.de/forum to tomcat.
Problem is that apachectl configtest tells me that JkUnMount
directive is unknown. I can't start Apache with this.

Does somebody know what i made wrong? JkMount
works as expected and i used JkUnMount like described in the documentation.

Regards + Thx,
Chris

Re: JkUnMount is unknown to apache

Posted by "Chris. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de>.
>hope this is useful, this info is based on a Tomcat 5.5.9, Apache 2.0.5 on
>Solaris 9

thank this is useful. I have grep'ed the logfiles, i have version:
 mod_jk/1.1.0
This is quite bad i guess :-) have to upgrade....
Cheers
Chris

Re: JkUnMount is unknown to apache

Posted by Co...@firstdatacorp.com.
to the best of my knowledge JkUnMount is only available at version mod_jk
1.2.7 and above....

if you are using apache2 mod_jk lives at apche2/modules/ as something like
mod_jk.so

if you check your apache startup log , maybe error_log

you may see something like:

[Wed Jul 13 12:22:26 2005] [notice] Apache/2.0.50 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.50
OpenSSL/0.9.7d mod_jk/1.2.5 configured -- resuming normal operations

notice that the mod_jk is listed with version 1.2.5 in this case....

hope this is useful, this info is based on a Tomcat 5.5.9, Apache 2.0.5 on
Solaris 9

Colby C. Meyer
Applications Architect
First Data Government Systems
303-967-7271office
719-649-9090 mobile

"Chris. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de>
07/13/2005 10:34 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

sanguis@xs4all.nl
cc
Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject
Re: JkUnMount is unknown to apache

 >>I think this is mod-webapp, and not mod-jk. Try to find
libapache-mod-jk-[version] for Debian.

I tried this and finally i did dpkg --list and searched manually.
all i could get is this information again:

 libapache-mod-jk   3.3a-4woody1       Apache connector for Tomcat
servlet engine

Any other hints? Is there a file in which the current version is written?

Thank you,

Posted by "Chris. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de>.

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.
Chris. Grobmeier said:
>  >> Which jk version are you using?
>
> Hi,
> dpkg --list | grep apache
> tells me:
>
>  libapache-mod- 3.3a-4woody1   Apache connector for Tomcat servlet engine

I think this is mod-webapp, and not mod-jk. Try to find
libapache-mod-jk-[version] for Debian.

Joost

Re: JkUnMount is unknown to apache

Posted by "Chris. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de>.
 >> Which jk version are you using?

Hi,
dpkg --list | grep apache
tells me:

 libapache-mod- 3.3a-4woody1   Apache connector for Tomcat servlet engine

I have Version 3.3a- is this possible? I am really confused now.
Regards,

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.
> Goal is not to forward domain.de/forum to tomcat.
> Problem is that apachectl configtest tells me that JkUnMount
> directive is unknown. I can't start Apache with this.
>
> Does somebody know what i made wrong? JkMount
> works as expected and i used JkUnMount like described in the
> documentation.

>From the documentation:

JkUnMount: A no mount point from a context to a Tomcat worker This
directive is available in jk1.2.7 version and later.