Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Mehler <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/13 16:07:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Setting secure permissions on web content

Hello,
I've got an apache server and I'm loading in web content. I'm wanting
to make several linux groups webdev for one and add users. That group
should be able to write files, and have the group ownership set so the
permissions are consistent. I'm also needing apache to be able to see
these files and wanting to do it in a secure manner. Suggestions
welcome. Here's what I have thus far.

find /directory -type d|xargs chgrp webdev
chmod 2775   directory