Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/17 22:03:32 UTC

Configuring Axis2 client to use Rampart

I set up my server with Rampart.  So when I send a message from my Axis2
client, it gets rejected because there's no security header.  So now I need
to configure my client to use Rampart. I got the service client and told it
to engage rampart, but I keep getting back the error that it can't engage
Rampart.  I've copied over all of the jars from the Rampart lib dir, but
that didn't see to help.  So I'm at a loss atm on how to configure my client
to use Rampart.   Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

RE: Configuring Axis2 client to use Rampart

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
need to see your axis2.xml specifically the line which engages rampart
<module ref="rampart"/>
and need to know which version rampart are you attempting to engage in \WEB-INF\modules
as well as the listing for modules.list

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:03:32 -0400
From: baishen.lists@gmail.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Configuring Axis2 client to use Rampart

http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008

Re: Configuring Axis2 client to use Rampart

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Can you post your client side code ? And the version of Axis2 and Rampart
you are using.

thanks,
nandana

--
Nandana Mihindukulasooriya
WSO2 inc.

http://nandana83.blogspot.com/
http://www.wso2.org

Re: Configuring Axis2 client to use Rampart

Posted by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I set up my server with Rampart.  So when I send a message from my Axis2
> client, it gets rejected because there's no security header.  So now I need
> to configure my client to use Rampart. I got the service client and told it
> to engage rampart, but I keep getting back the error that it can't engage
> Rampart.  I've copied over all of the jars from the Rampart lib dir, but
> that didn't see to help.  So I'm at a loss atm on how to configure my client
> to use Rampart.   Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

I finally got it working by referencing an axis2.xml file.  However, I was
trying to get it to work without using an axis2.xml file.  I'd like to do
everything in the code.  AFAIK, this is possible, but I wasn't able to get
it to work.