Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jeffrey J Gaynor/jqhome <jj...@jqhome.net> on 2002/12/06 17:58:41 UTC

Newbie question: Setters and getters don't seem to respond right.

Hi,

I am trying to gt up to speed on using axis to deploy a web service,
written in Java. I have followed through a couple of tutorials and, using
the WSDL utilities have seemingly correctly deployed my service, which is a
bean with two fields, a String and a Vector.  All I want to do is see if I
can get and set the values of these fields.

I have written a client that runs great, i.e. has no errors or exception.
Here is the problem: I create the stub and use the setter methods to set
the values with nontrivial values, then use the getters to read them back.
The getters always return null. Again, no errors or exceptions are reported
-- everything _looks_ just great.

Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeff