Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Jagadish Bihani <ja...@helpshift.com> on 2017/04/20 12:26:33 UTC

Why TimerService interface in ProcessFunction doesn't have deleteEventTimeTimer

Hi

I am working on a use case where I want to start a timer for a given event
type and when that timer expires it will perform certain action. This can
be done using Process Function.

But I also want to cancel scheduled timer in case of some other types of
events. I also checked the implementation of HeapInternalTimerService which
implements InternalTimerService interface has those implementations
already. Also SimpleTimerService which overrides TimerService also uses
InternalTimerService and simply passes VoidNamespace.INSTANCE.

So in a way we are using InternalTimerService interface's implementations
everywhere.

So what is the reason that ProcessFunction.Context uses TimerService? Any
reason 'deleteEventTimeTimer' is not exposed to users? If I want to use the
deleteEvent functionality how should I go about it?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Jagadish Bihani