Posted to users@solr.apache.org by son hoang <so...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/21 00:19:26 UTC

Index for text with space

Hello

I have a config like this:

<fieldtype name="tok" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
            <analyzer type="index">
                <filter class="solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="3"
maxGramSize="15"/>
            </analyzer>
            <analyzer type="query">
                <tokenizer class="solr.StandardTokenizerFactory" />
                <filter class="solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory"/>
        <!-- <filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="3"
maxGramSize="15"/> -->
            </analyzer>
    </fieldtype>

Using this config:

1. When I search for "Abbas", the result for "Al Abbas" appears.

2. When I search for "Al Abbas" in the search field, I get no results.

It seems that "Al Abbas" is not indexed. What I should do in the config so #2 can return the result

Many thanks

Re: Index for text with space

Posted by Andy C <an...@gmail.com>.
I would think your problem goes beyond 1 and 2 characters words not being
indexed.

With your current field type definition, if someone searches for "can" it
will retrieve documents that contain any word that start with "can". So
"candidate", canadian", "cantina", etc.

Is this really the desired search behavior?

Re: Index for text with space

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Index for text with space

Posted by son hoang <so...@gmail.com>.

Re: Index for text with space

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

Re: Index for text with space

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: RE: Index for text with space

Posted by son hoang <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy C <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by son hoang <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Thamiz

RE: Index for text with space

Re: Index for text with space

Posted by Aroop Ganguly <ar...@icloud.com.INVALID>.
Can you share your query syntax in both cases please?