Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by dao <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/02 18:50:11 UTC

Use of parameters

hello,

does batik support this: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGParamPrimer/ ?
I don't really get if this is just a proposal, a draft, a part of a comming
release...

regards

--
Dao Hodac

Re: Use of parameters

Posted by Chris Lilley <ch...@w3.org>.
On Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 6:50:11 PM, dao wrote:

d> hello,
d> does batik support this: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGParamPrimer/ ?
d> I don't really get if this is just a proposal, a draft, a part of a comming release...

Its a draft, and how fast it moves forward depends to some extent on the level of implementation support.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG

Re: Use of parameters

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi Dao.

Dao Hodac:
> it is not even a candidate but firefox and chrome (at least) supports
> it (if you can see the page in those browsers), isn't it?

No, the document uses JavaScript to simulate the feature.  I don’t
believe there are any native implementations of SVG Parameters yet.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/

Re: Use of parameters

Posted by dao <da...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Andreas Neumann <a....@carto.net>wrote:

> I'd like to see this implemented as well. It would solve many problems with
> re-using elements in a more flexible way.
>
> But as Jeremias said, it is not yet a recommendation, not even a candidate.
>
> Andreas
>

> On 2/2/11 7:30 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
>> On 02.02.2011 18:50:11 dao wrote:
>>
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> does batik support this: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGParamPrimer/ ?
>>>
>> No, not yet.
>>
>>  I don't really get if this is just a proposal, a draft, a part of a
>>> comming
>>> release...
>>>
>> It's a W3C working draft, so it means this is being discussed and can
>> still change at any time. When it will be integrated in Batik depends on
>> whether someone finds this interesting enough to implement. The idea
>> behind this is cool anyway.
>>
>>  regards
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dao Hodac
>>>

>> Jeremias Maerki

Dao Hodac

Re: Use of parameters

Posted by Andreas Neumann <a....@carto.net>.

Re: Use of parameters

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 02.02.2011 18:50:11 dao wrote:
> hello,
>
> does batik support this: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGParamPrimer/ ?

No, not yet.

> I don't really get if this is just a proposal, a draft, a part of a comming
> release...

It's a W3C working draft, so it means this is being discussed and can
still change at any time. When it will be integrated in Batik depends on
whether someone finds this interesting enough to implement. The idea
behind this is cool anyway.

> regards
>
> --
> Dao Hodac