Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2006/09/05 10:37:43 UTC

Opinion poll: Build an RC

Hi,

as we are dragging the 1.5 release out: How about cutting an RC? A version
that is basically "code complete but some docs missing". Are there any
pending JIRA issues that absolutely should be in?

[ ] +1 RC is cool.
[ ]  0 I don't care.
[ ] -1 No we still have show stoppers (please elaborate).

I'll collect votes till thursday.

	Best regards
		Henning

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia

Re[2]: Opinion poll: Build an RC

Posted by Alexey Panchenko <al...@olmisoft.com>.
Nathan Bubna wrote:

> +1, but let's get the patch for VELOCITY-453 in first.  Will was
> checking that out.

And VELOCITY-452 too :-)

--
Best regards,
 Alexey                            mailto:alex+news@olmisoft.com

Re: Opinion poll: Build an RC

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Opinion poll: Build an RC

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Yes I think this is a really good idea.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: Opinion poll: Build an RC

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Will Glass-Husain" <wg...@forio.com> writes:

>Just back from vacation, see a blizzard of JIRA activity.  Go, Henning!

Hehe. Had an unexpected day off from my project. :-)

>I think we should do a release, but do not think we should call it
>Release Candidate / RC.  To me, a RC is ready to go, no open bugs, no
>missing docs.  We're close but not there.

>Let's do a release and call it a "beta".  We had a discussion about
>doing this a long time ago.  Maybe set a date for final tweaks, i.e.
>Friday the 15th?  Could provide a little incentive to commit
>VELOCITY-422 (has patch), VELOCITY-453 (has patch, needs tweak),
>VELOCITY-132 (has patch, needs tweak).

+1 on Beta.

Re: Opinion poll: Build an RC

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi,

Just back from vacation, see a blizzard of JIRA activity.  Go, Henning!

I think we should do a release, but do not think we should call it
Release Candidate / RC.  To me, a RC is ready to go, no open bugs, no
missing docs.  We're close but not there.

Let's do a release and call it a "beta".  We had a discussion about
doing this a long time ago.  Maybe set a date for final tweaks, i.e.
Friday the 15th?  Could provide a little incentive to commit
VELOCITY-422 (has patch), VELOCITY-453 (has patch, needs tweak),
VELOCITY-132 (has patch, needs tweak).

So, -1 to RC.  But a counter proposal of "Velocity 1.5-beta" occurring
shortly after 9/15.

WILL

On 9/5/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Just do an RC, and then add more things, and then do 1.6...
>
> Just do it.
>
> geir
>

> Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as we are dragging the 1.5 release out: How about cutting an RC? A version
> > that is basically "code complete but some docs missing". Are there any
> > pending JIRA issues that absolutely should be in?
> >
> > [ ] +1 RC is cool.
> > [ ]  0 I don't care.
> > [ ] -1 No we still have show stoppers (please elaborate).
> >
> > I'll collect votes till thursday.
> >
> >       Best regards
> >               Henning

Forio Business Simulations