Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Debbie McMann <de...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/07 05:18:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Someone Please Help..

Please..

I am trying to run a .pl (perl pre-written code) openwebmail.

The only problem is that its not running the code just showing me the file.
It has the right permissions. And i have done a

Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
AddHandler perl-script .pl

I can run the file if i rename it to .cgi but with errors. I need to run it
with a perl extension.
Any ideas.. Please tell me what im doing wrong.

Luv

Deb

Re: [users@httpd] Someone Please Help..

Posted by ncool007 <nc...@optonline.net>.
well is the cgi script looking for the perl.exe at the right location
(sorry, im using windows.  check that by opening the script itself and
looking for the line at the top with the #!)?  and do you have perl
installed?  and i dunno but i have this line in my conf file: AddHandler
cgi-script .pl

maybe that'll help.