Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2017/10/25 04:10:32 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache Guacamole as TLP

Hello all,

Given the current state of the Apache Guacamole podling, positive
discussion on this list regarding graduation [1] [2], and positive
feedback regarding graduation in our most recent podling report [3], I
would like to begin the community VOTE for graduation of Apache
Guacamole to TLP.

The podling status page is completed and up to date, and a maturity
evaluation has been completed and published to the website:

    Podling status page: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/guacamole.html
    Maturity evaluation:
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/maturity-evaluation/

The draft resolution for establishing the Apache Guacamole TLP can be
found at the bottom of this email. Please review the resolution and
VOTE:

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Guacamole as TLP
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Guacamole as TLP (please provide specific comments)

This is a community vote and everyone is invited to participate. PPMC
votes should be marked binding.

Here is my +1 (binding).

Thanks,

- Mike

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0848dd53b6acc1a0edea2eda1f385294eeb041a88c3d1f6221fa1ef2@%3Cdev.guacamole.apache.org%3E
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a5259173a8ef4a1d2bb7be2d99d3cbc2ccf8856130ae6e3fe54e079e@%3Cdev.guacamole.apache.org%3E
[3] https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2017

----------

Establish the Apache Guacamole Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to providing performant, browser-based remote access.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Guacamole Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Guacamole Project be and hereby is responsible
for the creation and maintenance of software related to providing
performant, browser-based remote access; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Guacamole" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Guacamole
Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the
projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Guacamole
Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Guacamole
Project:

 * Carl Harris          <ce...@apache.org>
 * Daniel Gruno         <hu...@apache.org>
 * Frode Langelo        <fr...@apache.org>
 * Greg Trasuk          <gt...@apache.org>
 * James Muehlner       <jm...@apache.org>
 * Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@apache.org>
 * Jim Jagielski        <ji...@apache.org>
 * Mike Jumper          <mj...@apache.org>
 * Nick Couchman        <vn...@apache.org>
 * Olivier Lamy         <ol...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Mike Jumper be appointed to
the office of Vice President, Apache Guacamole, to serve in accordance
with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the
Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal
or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Guacamole PMC be and hereby is tasked
with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open
development and increased participation in the Apache Guacamole Project;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Guacamole Project be and hereby is tasked with
the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Guacamole
podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Guacamole podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are hereafter
discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Guacamole as TLP

Posted by carl harris <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

--carl

Posted by James Muehlner <ja...@guac-dev.org>.
Looks good!

+1 (binding)

- James

Posted by Kacie Karo <kd...@me.com>.
I have no idea what you guys are talking about who is this

kacie karo

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: Fwd: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Guacamole as TLP

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

(forwarding my vote here)

Regards
JB

On 10/25/2017 06:15 AM, Mike Jumper wrote:
> FYI, the community vote for graduating Apache Guacamole as TLP has now begun.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Mike

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Guacamole as TLP

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 (binding)!

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Guacamole as TLP

Posted by Frode Langelo <fr...@apache.org>.
LGTM!

+1 (binding)

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.