Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net> on 2001/10/10 14:51:47 UTC

Re: [REWRITE] rotatelogs

From: "Ryan Bloom" <rb...@covalent.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2001 9:53 AM

> On Sunday 23 September 2001 06:52 am, Mladen Turk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Some cleaning of rotatelogs to be apr-like.
> > The util now uses only apr API.
> >
> > It's changed a lot, so since the patch is larger then original I'm posting
> > the rotatelogs.c as is.
> > The functionality is the same as from the previous release (tested on WIN32
> > and RH-7.1).
> >
> > BTW I'm thinking to make some kind of hook that httpd could send to
> > rotatelogs to signal him a gracefull shutdown. Any ideas?
>
> This is what the otherchild logic is for.  I'll try to find the time to review this
> patch today.

It's actually (from rotatelogs' perspective) controlled by the closure of the
stdout -> stdin pipe, and this works.  Otherchild logic aught to first simply
close the pipe before signalling, if that isn't what we already do ;)

The patch was correct except for your time variables, I've fixed those and just
committed.  Thanks for this apr-iszation, Mladen!

Bill