Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/11 10:17:00 UTC

about dojo

Hey!
For people who think that dojo in T4 is slow, I've just had a look at
dojo-9.0M1, wow!!! now it seems to be fast!
http://download.dojotoolkit.org/experimental/dojo-core-0.9M1/dojo/tests/runner.html

We will see!

Cheers,
kiuma

Re: about dojo

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yes,.....Dojo is now as fast (if not faster in some instances) as jquery /
prototype / others. .

It's also broken up into three distinct modules with their own core
committer base. core / dojox (UI things for people who don't like widgets -
like me) / dijit (for people who do like widgets, but even this group has
changed their tune about designing with performance / clarity in mind
...mostly)

I don't have time to focus on it now or really can't even do it now for
backwards compatibility's sake but I plan on starting a new 4.2 version to
do it in as well as some of the other libraries people might like.

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer