Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by shalom sagges <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/05 11:32:46 UTC

AbstractLocalAwareExecutorService Exception During Upgrade

Hi All,

I'm having a bad situation where after upgrading 2 nodes (binaries only)
from 2.1.21 to 3.11.4 I'm getting a lot of warnings as follows:

AbstractLocalAwareExecutorService.java:167 - Uncaught exception on thread
Thread[ReadStage-5,5,main]: {}
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: null

I also see errors on repairs but no repair is running at all. I verified
this with ps -ef command and nodetool compactionstats. The error I see is:
Failed creating a merkle tree for [repair
#a95498f0-8783-11e9-b065-81cdbc6bee08 on system_auth/users, []], /1.2.3.4
(see log for details)

I saw repair errors on data tables as well.
nodetool status shows all are UN and nodetool describecluster shows two
schema versions as expected.

After the warnings appeared, clients started to get timed out read/write
queries.
Restarting the 2 nodes solved the clients' connection issues, but the
warnings are still being generated in the logs.

Did anyone encounter such an issue and knows what this means?

Thanks!

Re: AbstractLocalAwareExecutorService Exception During Upgrade

Posted by shalom sagges <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Again,

Trying to push this up as I wasn't able to find the root cause of this
issue.
Perhaps I need to upgrade to 3.0 first?
Will be happy to get some ideas.

Opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-15172 with more