Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bhaskar K <bh...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/29 17:41:45 UTC

customizing portlets at user level

Hi All,

Have a basic question on Jetspeed-2....

How can user customize the required portlets on a web page & see the same set of portlets when he logs in next time into the system? I want to have this customization at every user level & not at the role level.

Thanks.. in advance!
Bhaskar

Re: customizing portlets at user level

Posted by Bhaskar K <bh...@yahoo.com>.
While reading thru the specifications found that Jetspeed-1 has a complete section that talks about customization --- http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/customizer.html, this seems to be not documented in Jetspeed-2.

We have made this decision to go with Jetspeed-2 for our application & this is a critical feature of portal that we are looking at... where a user can pick & choose the required portlets he would like view & also position them as he needs..

I see this kind of customization sample is shown in struts-demo page, but observed that when we change the list of portlets or the position then jetspeed-2 seems to be re-writting the .psml file... which means that the new view of the page is applied to all users :(

Please help me with this....

Thanks
Bhaskar