Posted to sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/30 14:49:22 UTC

Re: Proposal of new Sandesha2 release

hi,

I tested the RM1.0 and RM1.1 scenarios with the wcf tests given here[1].

All the plain RM test cases get passed. I have not done other things.

Shall we cut a branch if all the Sandesha2 test cases get passed?

Currently Sandesha2 trunk depends on the Axis2 trunk. Will there be any
problems moving sandesah2 branch to
Axis2 1.5?

thanks,
Amila.

[1] http://131.107.72.15/endpoints/Default.aspx

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Amila Suriarachchi <
amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 6:38 PM, David Parsons1 <PA...@uk.ibm.com>wrote:
>

>> Do you know how long it will be before the new release of Rampart is
>> available?
>
> Not sure. But I think Nandana has started on it.
>
> thnaks,
> Amila.
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> Dave Parsons
>> Web Services Development
>> INTERNAL:  David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB :: DE3F20 :: 246930
>> EXTERNAL:  ParsonsD@uk.ibm.com :: (01962) 816930
>> Mail Point 211, IBM Hursley Park, Winchester. SO21 2JN
>>

>>  From: Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com> To: David
>> Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB
>> Cc: sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org Date: 26/08/2009 09:09 Subject: Re:
>> Proposal of new Sandesha2 release
>> ------------------------------
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:18 PM, David Parsons1 <*P...@uk.ibm.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After recent communications on sandesha-dev it has become apparent that
>> the Sandesha2 1.3 release isn't entirely compatible with Axis2 1.5.  When
>> using RM 1.1 the makeConnection anonymous address isn't registered as an
>> anonymous address with Axis and therefore breaks RM 1.1 Sync scenarios.
>>
>> I therefore propose a new release of Sandesha2 be cut, Sandesha2 1.5.
>>  Early testing with the latest level of Sandesha2 with Axis2 1.5 looks good.
>>  I plan to begin the process of creating the new release shortly.
>>
>> +1. Rampart has also cut a branch. Sandesha2 can depends on it.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Amila.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> Dave Parsons
>> Web Services Development
>> INTERNAL:  David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB :: DE3F20 :: 246930
>> EXTERNAL:  *ParsonsD@uk.ibm.com* <Pa...@uk.ibm.com> :: (01962) 816930
>> Mail Point 211, IBM Hursley Park, Winchester. SO21 2JN
>>

>>  ------------------------------
>> *
>> *
>>
>> *Unless stated otherwise above:
>> 741598.
>> *
>>

>> --
>> Amila Suriarachchi
>> WSO2 Inc.
>> blog: *http://amilachinthaka.blogspot.com/*<http://amilachinthaka.blogspot.com/>
>>

>>  ------------------------------
>>
>> *
>> *
>>
>> *Unless stated otherwise above:
>> 741598.
>> *
>>

> --
> Amila Suriarachchi
> WSO2 Inc.

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

RE: Proposal of new Sandesha2 release

Posted by David Parsons1 <PA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi,

I would advise that if possible use RM with MakeConnection.  Sandesha2's
implementation of RM 1.1 supports this.  MakeConnection is a better
mechanism than replay.  The problem your seeing is that an outbound seq on
a provider is trying to send a terminate sequence but as there is no
connection to the anonymous client EP it can't send it back.  You could
work round this by using RM 1.1 with MakeConnection or switch to an async
message exchange protocol.

If you are concerned by interop with other implementations I know that
Microsoft currently have a MakeConn implementation in their Silverlight
release, but as yet it is unavailable with their RM implementation.  I
understand that the next release of WCF will support RM with
MakeConnection.

With all this in mind I think the problem is less critical.

Regards,

Dave

Dave Parsons
Web Services Development
INTERNAL:  David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB :: DE3F20 :: 246930
EXTERNAL:  ParsonsD@uk.ibm.com :: (01962) 816930
Mail Point 211, IBM Hursley Park, Winchester. SO21 2JN

From:
"Yashwanth" <yr...@cisco.com>
To:
"'Amila Suriarachchi'" <am...@gmail.com>, David
Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Cc:
<sa...@ws.apache.org>
Date:
30/09/2009 23:42
RE: Proposal of new Sandesha2 release

Hi guys,

Will this new version fix this issue? Would really like to have this
fixed.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDESHA2-133?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12591999#action_12591999

thanks,
--
Yash

Posted by Yashwanth <yr...@cisco.com>.
Hi guys,

Will this new version fix this issue? Would really like to have this fixed.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDESHA2-133?page=com.atlassian.jira.
plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDESHA2-133?page=com.atlassian.jira
.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12591999#act
ion_12591999> &focusedCommentId=12591999#action_12591999

thanks,
--
Yash

  _____

From:
Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>
To:
David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Cc:
sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org
Date: 	30/09/2009 13:50

Subject: 	Re: Proposal of new Sandesha2 release

  _____

EXTERNAL:  <ma...@uk.ibm.com> ParsonsD@uk.ibm.com :: (01962)

From: 	Amila Suriarachchi < <ma...@gmail.com>
amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com>
To: 	David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Cc: 	 <ma...@ws.apache.org> sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org

Date: 	26/08/2009 09:09
Subject: 	Re: Proposal of new Sandesha2 release

  _____

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Proposal of new Sandesha2 release

Posted by David Parsons1 <PA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Amilia,

I've cut a Sandesha2 1.5 branch and have been working to put the release
together using the correct levels of other components e.g. Axis 1.5.  I
have also been fixing up some of the samples to not use deprecated
classes.  Once I have the release done I will open it up for people to
test and vote on.  I'm aiming to get that finished in the next couple of
days.

Regards,

Dave

Dave Parsons
Web Services Development
INTERNAL:  David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB :: DE3F20 :: 246930
EXTERNAL:  ParsonsD@uk.ibm.com :: (01962) 816930
Mail Point 211, IBM Hursley Park, Winchester. SO21 2JN

From:
Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>
To:
David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Cc:
sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org
Date:
30/09/2009 13:50

wrote:

Do you know how long it will be before the new release of Rampart is
available?
Not sure. But I think Nandana has started on it.

thnaks,
Amila.

Regards,

Dave

Dave Parsons
Web Services Development
INTERNAL:  David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB :: DE3F20 :: 246930
EXTERNAL:  ParsonsD@uk.ibm.com :: (01962) 816930
Mail Point 211, IBM Hursley Park, Winchester. SO21 2JN

From:
Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>
To:
David Parsons1/UK/IBM@IBMGB