Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by dumdum 420 <du...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/02 17:59:31 UTC

Error Style = "Document" using axis WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL

public interface IOrderService {
	public org.w3c.dom.Document executePurchase(PurchaseOrderBean po) throws
Exception;
}

I have the above given method which I want to expose as a webservice.

When I generated the WSDL for the same I could not find any reference to
what type of response is expected for i.e. org.w3c.dom.Document object.

Then I actually went ahead and created server side stubs with WSDL2Java and
in the xxxSoapBindingImpl file the return type of the created type was like
this :

public class DocumentStyleServiceSoapBindingImpl implements
com.axis.service.IOrderService{
    public java.lang.Object
executePurchase(com.axis.service.PurchaseOrderBean in0) throws
java.rmi.RemoteException {
        return null;
    }

Now I am really confused because how will my client know that the return
type of my method will be org.w3c.dom.Document object.

This really urgent as develpoment has been stuck ...

BP