Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Aurelien <au...@fractals.be> on 2001/09/27 00:07:41 UTC

simple logicsheet question (+doc volunteering)

Note: the logicsheet docs don't seem to be very up-to-date. While it's
at the cocoon2 web site, at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/logicsheet-guide.html
you can read: "The second way to use a logicsheet depends on wether you
are using Apache Cocoon1 or Apache Cocoon 2. For Apache Cocoon 2, take a
look at the Apache Cocoon Site." this references
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/...

Mmh...

Anyway, I'm using the "first way" to use a logicsheet, ie using the
<?xml-logicsheet?> processing instruction:
At the beginning of my xsp file, I put:

<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?xml-logicsheet href="logicsheet.greeting.xsl?>

Now, the documentation doesn't state where to put the
logicsheet.greeting.xsl file. So I just put it besides the xsp file. Is
that right ?
Anyway, I get the following error message:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access method
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.addLogicsheetToList(
Lorg/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/AbstractMarkupLanguage$LanguageDescriptor;
Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/cocoon/environment/SourceResolver;) from
class
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.xsp.XSPMarkupLanguage?XSPTransfomerChainBuilderFilter

After several other empirical tests, it seems that the faulty bit is the
<?xml-logicsheet href="logicsheet.greeting.xsl?> processing instruction

Is this method now revoked ?

If so, pleaaase do not leave outdated documentation on cocoon2's web
site ! This is soooo confusing !

Also, I've already put together a small tutorial on HTML table
generation with cocoon to put on Jeremy Aston's cTwIG, and I'm willing
to contribute just about every information about the setting up of
logicsheets on cocoon2 in the same manner, but I need hints !

Aurélien