Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com> on 2001/06/14 21:18:44 UTC

Re: Question for using Anakia

  Youngho Cho wrote
 >       Hi,

hi

 >       I would like to use Anakia for translating XML to HTML.
 >       The XML doc. character encoding is EUC-KR.
 >       When I changed the xml docs. to html ,
 >       the EUC-KR character displayed like ???.
 >
 >       How can I translate the EUC-KR character exactly ?
 >       Any comments will be appreciated.

the first thing i'd suggest is to download the latest release candidate
and try that
- there were some problems with international characters in templates
which were fixed recently

if this doesn't work then...
this sounds like an encoding problem to me

there are several places where this could happen
it might happen when the html is being rendered in the browser,
it might happen in velocity when the html is being written out,
it might happen in the template processing in velocity,
it might happen in the xml-parsing.

so, i'd really need an example of the xml and the vm template which is
giving you the problem
to help.

- robert