Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/17 20:07:21 UTC

JETSPEED2 - Profile Property Management Proposal

All,

As a follow up to a discussion thread I initiated a
little while ago (cf.
http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg07721.html),
around profile management, I have gone back to work
and have developed a profile/profile properties
management service as outlined in the enclosed
proposal document (given the limitation of the
attachment, I send the high level proposal for now,
details should be soon avaible through CVS).

I have also partially implemented this proposal (90%
complete) and have been working with Scott to make it
available in a contrib directory in the Jetspeed 2
tree (code + proposal).

This is currently not integrated with the rest of J2
though it relies on core J2 components (service
framework (fulcrum for now, CPS when it is ready),
persistence plugin, etc.).

I am looking forward to your feedback on this.

Regards,

David Le Strat.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Re: JETSPEED2 - Profile Property Management Proposal

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 11:07  AM, David Le Strat wrote:

> All,
>
> As a follow up to a discussion thread I initiated a
> little while ago (cf.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org/
> msg07721.html),
> around profile management, I have gone back to work
> and have developed a profile/profile properties
> management service as outlined in the enclosed
> proposal document (given the limitation of the
> attachment, I send the high level proposal for now,
> details should be soon avaible through CVS).

The design docs and javadocs can be found here for convenience:

http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed-dev/profiling/

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software