Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/12 14:08:08 UTC

[ApacheDS CiDIT] enabling NIS schema by default

hi guys,

    The adsconfig schema that will be used for CiDIT currently depends on NIS schema (on the ipHostNumber AT)
    as the NIS schema is disabled by default loading adsconfig schema is not possible.

    there are two options

     1. Enable NIS schema by default
     2. Remove the dependency on NIS

   wdyt?

Kiran Ayyagari

Re: [ApacheDS CiDIT] enabling NIS schema by default

Posted by Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Alex Karasulu a écrit :
> I'd remove the dependency on the NIS schema.  NIS schema is crusty and old
> first of all and why have the dependency if we only dep on a single AT?

We can do that too. The only dependency is on ipHostAddress, we can
store that in another AT

Re: [ApacheDS CiDIT] enabling NIS schema by default

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
I'd remove the dependency on the NIS schema.  NIS schema is crusty and old
first of all and why have the dependency if we only dep on a single AT?

Regards,
Alex

--
Alex Karasulu