Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Palmatier <co...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/03 19:01:14 UTC

Tomcat compile vs. jspc/jasper compile (was: 0 length .java files generated by jspc?)

First off, the 0 length Java files are due to a bug in
the Tomcat jspc compiler documented in this post:

http://junlu.com/msg/41035.html

Secondly I discovered that if I keep the JSP around
and then simply access it through a browser Tomcat
compiles the JSP correctly and I end up with a valid
.java and .class file.  So I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to see the exact command syntax that
Tomcat uses to compile the JSP (classpath and all)?
I'm assuming it doesn't used the jspc.sh script since
that is what I'm using to precompile it and it keeps
failing.

2. Is there another way, besides the method listed in
the post above (which didn't seem to work), to see the
compile errors generated by jspc?  None print out when
I submit my compile command and even with the options
used above all I get is a file stating "Error in File:
/RecordJSPs/DOM/QMNUSRC/PWRLOCK/PWRLOCK.jsp" which
isn't very helpful.

Thanks,
Jason