Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anson To <an...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2001/05/30 19:49:58 UTC

How to use Xerces with Tomcat

Hi all,

Have you ever come across using xml parser in servlet?
 If not, sorry please ignore my message.

I am trying to parse a XML document from a servlet,
which
returns a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/jdom/JDOMException" on
receiving the document from client.

Settings:
Xerces1.4/JDOM
tomcat3.2.1
JDK1.3
IIS5/Win2k

In the meantime, I have tried setting the classpath in
tomcat_dir\bin\tomcat.bat pointing to xerces.jar and
jdom.jar (the JDom and Xerces have to be "before" the
JAPX parser, required by JDom) but I still got the
above error.  How should I configure the xerces.jar
and jdom.jar with tomcat?

Many many thanks, Anson