Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Todd Jonker <tv...@pobox.com> on 2002/12/01 22:48:43 UTC

Re: [jelly] unit testing: detecting exceptions

On 11/28/02 6:20 AM, knut.wannheden@paranor.ch wrote:

>> <test:assertThrown expectedThrowable="MyException">
>>    <!-- do something -->
>> </test:assertThrown>
>>

> Good suggestions.  I have sent a patch to the dev list now which includes
> the <test:assertThrown/> tag as you describe it.  I was thinking if not
> maybe the name should be <test:assertThrows/> instead?

Groovy!  I look forward to trying it out.

I suggested "assertThrown" as in "I assert that an exception will be
thrown".  I certainly wouldn't complain about "ssertThrows" though.  :-)

.T.

--
Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness.
  -- Chuang-tzu (B.C. 350)