Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Shang Wu <Sh...@symantec.com> on 2017/04/12 22:33:10 UTC

Re: [EXT] Interceptor or custom sink?

I would choose customer sink since the event could be taken out from the channel after and this eliminates the requirement for the channel space.

PS: Flumeā€™s customer sink is very simple to implement. The following is one of the simplest example
https://github.com/meou/flume-file-sink/blob/master/src/main/java/org/meou/flume/sink/file/TextFileSink.java

BR,
Shang

On 4/12/17, 8:32 AM, "Felipe Dino" <di...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hello, I need to develop a solution that consumes a message from a kafka
    queue, does a treatment and writes again on another kafka topic.

    My question is:
    For greater performance, should I treat the message in a custom interceptor
    or custom sink?

    Grateful.

    Felipe Naberezny

Re: [EXT] Interceptor or custom sink?

Posted by Jeff Holoman <jh...@cloudera.com>.
If it's me I write an interceptor and put the events on the Kafka Channel.

You can just do Kafka-Source->Kafka Channel with no sink.

Thanks

Jeff