Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Julian Klein <ce...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/05 17:07:00 UTC

RE: Preloading Parts of Cocoon (Interpreted Sitemap)

Geoff,

> Robert, the sitemap engine can be configured in
> cocoon.xconf and there have
> been two different implementations to date --
> "interpreted" and "compiled".
> Interpreted is newer and seems to have general
> consensus that it's
> faster/better

I think you are right about the interpreted sitemap,
but still I am not sure how one tackles this issue.
As you said:

>it may be possible to trigger the reload when >the
servlet is
>reloaded rather
>than the request coming in.  I've been meaning to dig
>back into
>CocoonServlet
>for a different issue, so I'll take a look into that
>as well.

I would love this to happen, but am not sure how to
implement such a config.  Would this be done with
cocoon.xconf?  Perhaps this load time could be
minimized via management of the caching setup?  I know
it is only the first request, but when that one user
gets the first request, they will be highly
discouraged (esp in a demo situation).

-Julian

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.
�
-Ghandi
�
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"
�
-William of Occam

http://mailplus.yahoo.com