Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by chashikajw <ch...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/14 15:40:35 UTC

qpid c++ client similar to JMS subscriber client

Hi all,

I have a message broker called wso2 message broker. it has a publisher from
JMS and subscriber also work with JMS.
what it needs like connection url like
amqp://admin:admin@carbon/carbon?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'. it
includes  username, password, clientid, virtualhost and defaulthost and the
topicname.

I need a c++ client to subscribe to a topic in that message broker.
currently I am trying with qpid c++ messaging apis and I couldn't
successfully subscribe to the topic using qpid c++ client.

*What I want to know is how to set the similar  configurations like JMS from
qpid c++ subcriber ??
*
currently I tried like this

*./drain --broker admin/admin@localhost:5672 --connection-options
"{protocol: 'amqp1', username: 'admin', password:'admin',
virtualhost:'carbon'}" topicname*

But it didn't work. I think problem with connection url ? can anyone give a
solution for this. Thanks in advance.

Re: qpid c++ client similar to JMS subscriber client

Posted by chashikajw <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much @Gordon Sim. It was a great help.

Re: qpid c++ client similar to JMS subscriber client

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 14/07/2020 7:17 pm, chashikajw wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply. So if it's, Do you know any c++ clients or qpid
> client version which works with amqp0-9. That's a huge help.
>
> These are some clients that i found out from google.
>
> 1. https://github.com/CopernicaMarketingSoftware/AMQP-CPP
> 2. https://github.com/alanxz/SimpleAmqpClient

The two above look like they are amqp 0-9 based, so you could give them
a try. Or ask your broker vendor for recommendations.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 14/07/2020 5:29 pm, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Your connection URL is from an AMQP 0-x based JMS client, whilst you
> are forcing the C++ client to use AMQP 1.0 protocol so that's a
> significant and potentially relevant difference. Actually, perhaps
> not, I think the 'protocol' option value is meant to be amqp1.0
> instead of amqp1 so I'm not sure if that has an effect or might mean
> it still tries AMQP 0-10 first as usual (it supports 0-10 and 1.0 but
> tries 0-10 first).

It should give an error for amqp1 and list the valid values.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Your connection URL is from an AMQP 0-x based JMS client, whilst you
are forcing the C++ client to use AMQP 1.0 protocol so that's a
significant and potentially relevant difference. Actually, perhaps
not, I think the 'protocol' option value is meant to be amqp1.0
instead of amqp1 so I'm not sure if that has an effect or might mean
it still tries AMQP 0-10 first as usual (it supports 0-10 and 1.0 but
tries 0-10 first).

In any case, doing some googling suggests your broker only supports
AMQP 0-9-1, and if so then the Qpid C++ components won't connect to it
since they dont. The older Qpid C++ client supports AMQP 0-10 and 1.0,
while the newer Qpid Proton C++ bindings supports AMQP 1.0.

Robbie