Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Bryan Woliner <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/25 20:41:16 UTC

Search returns zero results when it should, but blank page when 1 or more result should be returned

I realized that the subject of my last posting ("
org.apache.jasper.JasperException----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NullPointerException") was pretty cryptic and didn't really
explain my primary question, which is:

Has anyone had the problem where after a whole web search, you go to your
Nutch search page (:8080) and typing in a term term that is not in your
index returns:

Hits *0-0* (out of about 0 total matching pages)

...but when you type in a search term that should find a match in your
index, you just get a blank page?

I'm totally at a loss with regard to why this could be occuring! It seems
like the segments and index must have been created correctly if nutch is
acting one way for search terms that don't have an index match and another
way for search terms that don't.

For more info on my current situations, including the exceptions Tomcat
generates, please see my post from yesterday ("
org.apache.jasper.JasperException----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NullPointerException").

Thanks!
-Bryan