Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net> on 2007/02/05 05:04:54 UTC

ActionListener gets executed but Action does not

I have a button that is rendered based on a boolean variable.  The button (a
save button) gets rendered on the page.  I enter information into the form
and click the [Save] button.

I then get an exception in my browser:

---
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error calling action method of component
with id idMainAddressForm:btnSave
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:152)

org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)

org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:77)

org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:181)

root cause

javax.faces.FacesException: Error calling action method of component with id
idMainAddressForm:btnSave

org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:74)
	javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:106)
	javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:94)
	javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:168)

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.invokeApplication(LifecycleImpl.java:343)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:86)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:137)

org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)

org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:77)

org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:181)

note

---

I go to my xhtml file and check the spelling and syntax of the action method
(as well as the backing bean syntax and correctness).  Everything is
correct.  I put print statements at the beginning and end of my
ActionListener and it gets executed completely all the way through.

For the life of me, I can not figure out why the Action method does not get
executed.  It has the correct signature:  public String mainViewAction() {
<code> }

My xhtml button code looks like this:
---
    <t:commandLink
            rendered="#{addressBean.showSaveBtn}"
            actionListener="#{addressBean.saveListener}"
            action="#{addressBean.mainViewAction}"
            id="btnSave"
            onmouseover="BtnSaveImg.src='../../images/SaveButton-Blue.gif';
return true;"
            onmouseout="BtnSaveImg.src='../../images/SaveButton-Silver.gif';
return true;"

         ../../images/SaveButton-Silver.gif
    </t:commandLink>

--