Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by xbranko <xb...@netscape.net> on 2007/04/23 19:08:53 UTC

Expiration not set in messages in dynamic queue

I'm trying to set expiration for messages that I'm writing to a dynamic
queue. When I look at the messages with the queue and message browser, the
expiration appears as 0. The version is
apache-activemq-4.2-20070328.130210-35. Java is 1.5.0_04 running the broker,
and 1.6 for the client producer. It seems that there is some problem with
expiring of messages in 4.x. Note that if I send a message via the admin
tool browser, I can set the expiration for the message, the message does
expire (i.e. it disappears from the queue browser), but it still gets
delivered to the client!

Is there a particular issue that has been filed for this?

Many thanks,
Branko