Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Christian Unger <cu...@apple.com> on 2007/05/12 19:07:39 UTC

How to negate autoprops?

Hi,

if I want to make sure that specific filetypes do get the
svn:executable property explicitly unset,

is it possible to do this via negation of autoprops like this ?

*.png ! svn:executable
*.png svn:executable=0

cu
christian unger

Re: How to negate autoprops?

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Daniel Rall wrote:
> On Sat, 12 May 2007, Christian Unger wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> if I want to make sure that specific filetypes do get the
>> svn:executable property explicitly unset,
>>
>> is it possible to do this via negation of autoprops like this ?
>>
>> *.png ! svn:executable
>> *.png svn:executable=0
>
> Christian, this type of question would be more appropriate for the
> users mailing list.

Yep.

> AFAIK, you can't do this.

That's right.  Either remove the executable bit from your files before
adding/importing them, or add a pre-commit hook script which fails the
commit any time someone commits the addition of files with the
svn:executable set improperly.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>

Re: How to negate autoprops?