Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Christophe MESTRALLET <cm...@axemble.com> on 2001/06/15 13:14:17 UTC

Using "image" MetaInfo in Jetspeed

Hello
I am currently using a Jetspeed version I downloaded from the CVS at the
beginning of the week

I need to specify an image for a portlet.
In the portlet registry, I specify "image" MetaInfo. Unfortunately, It
doesn't seems to be supported by Jetspeed.
When I use the following Method :
getPortlet.getPortletConfig().getMetaInfo().getImage(), it doesn't return
the image.

The problem seems to come from
JetspeedPortalFactoryService.getMetaData(PortletEntry) Method :
this method fills title and description fields, but ignore Image field...
Am I right ? Is it normal ?

I have another problem with Jetspeed customisation  :
User can customize their page, but they need to Logout/Login to see the
changes. Does anyone else have this problem ?

Thanks in advance....

> Christophe Mestrallet
> Chef de projet
> Axemble
> for Corporate Departments
> cmestrallet@axemble.com
> www.axemble.com
> Tel : 04 78 87 29 29
> Fax : 04 78 87 29 00

Re: Using "image" MetaInfo in Jetspeed

Posted by ra...@networks.groupvu.com.
Christophe MESTRALLET wrote:

> Hello
> I am currently using a Jetspeed version I downloaded from the CVS at the
> beginning of the week
>
> I need to specify an image for a portlet.
> In the portlet registry, I specify "image" MetaInfo. Unfortunately, It
> doesn't seems to be supported by Jetspeed.
> When I use the following Method :
> getPortlet.getPortletConfig().getMetaInfo().getImage(), it doesn't return
> the image.
>
> The problem seems to come from
> JetspeedPortalFactoryService.getMetaData(PortletEntry) Method :
> this method fills title and description fields, but ignore Image field...
> Am I right ? Is it normal ?

Very possible since I didn't know if this field was still used or not, adding back
the image processing should be very easy.

Please send diffs to the list ;)

> I have another problem with Jetspeed customisation  :
> User can customize their page, but they need to Logout/Login to see the
> changes. Does anyone else have this problem ?

If you're using the "Customizer" link it's related to the fact that I've yet fully
adapted this portlet to the new PsmlManager and don't know if I will since I'd rather
work on integrating a more "modern" and powerful customizer...

--
Raphaƫl Luta - luta.raphael@networks.vivendi.net