Apache httpd

Hi!

I'm learning to setup linux. I have just installed linux-mandrake 7.2
and below ...
[root@saturn /root]# rpm -qa | grep apache
apache-common-1.3.14-2mdk
apache-1.3.14-2mdk
apache-mod_perl-1.3.14_1.24-2mdk
apache-suexec-1.3.14-2mdk
apache-mod_perl-devel-1.3.14_1.24-2mdk
apache-manual-1.3.14-2mdk
[root@saturn /root]# uname -a
Linux saturn 2.2.17-21mdk #1 Thu Oct 5 13:16:08 CEST 2000 i586 unknown

I'm trying to install Embperl and
when I tried appending to httpd.conf...

<Files *.epl>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
Options ExecCGI
</files>

AddType text/html .epl

I got these...

[root@saturn /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart
Shutting down httpd-perl:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down httpd:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting httpd-perl:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 764 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration
                                                           [FAILED]
Syntax error on line 764 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration
                                                           [FAILED]
Syntax error on line 764 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration
                                                           [FAILED]

And when I tried it in httpd-perl.conf, it did not plug errors but *.epl
where displayed as is (text).

TIA

sherwin

Re: Apache httpd

Posted by Andre Landwehr <an...@gmx.net>.
On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 09:59:41AM +0800, mailing list wrote:
> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 764 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command 'PerlHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
> not included in the server configuration

The PerlHandler directive is only available if mod_perl is
loaded. So check, if it is loaded (should be somewhere in the top
part of httpd.conf) and look somewhat like this:
LoadModule perl_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_perl.so
Maybe the module is called libperl.so or sth. like that on
Mandrake and maybe the path is different also. And maybe you are
lucky and the appropriate line is already there and only
commented out ;-)

Andre

--
 /"\
 \ /

Re: Apache httpd

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> And when I tried it in httpd-perl.conf, it did not plug errors but *.epl
> where displayed as is (text).

As Andre already pointed out the error is the mod_perl is not loaded. The
httpd-perl.conf seems to be the one where mod_perl will be loaded. The rest
of your config seem to be ok, but please recheck that anything is in the
right place and not missspelled. Also, with your config, Embperl will only
process .epl files, others will not be catched by Embperl.

Gerald