Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/01/26 01:05:58 UTC

Incorrect permissions on published snapshots

The 0.1-pre-spec snapshots on
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ are missing group
write access.

I ran into this issue when I published spec jars last week, the jars
published by Jim and Raymond this week suffer the same problem.

Jim, Raymond, could you please log on people.apache.org, go to
/www/people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository and change the
permissions of the dirs and files you own to 755 and 644? Thanks.

It looks like adding:
  <servers>
    <server>
     <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
in your Maven2 settings.xml does not work. At least it doesn't work for
me, Maven still creates files incorrect permissions.

I found a script that can probably be used to fix the permissions at
/www/people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/fixPermissions.sh. I
guess we're not the first ones running into this permission issue...

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Incorrect permissions on published snapshots

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Jan 25, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:

> The 0.1-pre-spec snapshots on http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-
> snapshot-repository/ are missing group write access.
>
> I ran into this issue when I published spec jars last week, the
> jars published by Jim and Raymond this week suffer the same problem.
>
> Jim, Raymond, could you please log on people.apache.org, go to /www/
> people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository and change the
> permissions of the dirs and files you own to 755 and 644? Thanks.
>
> It looks like adding:
>  <servers>
>    <server>
>     <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
>      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
> in your Maven2 settings.xml does not work. At least it doesn't work
> for me, Maven still creates files incorrect permissions.
>
> I found a script that can probably be used to fix the permissions
> at /www/people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/
> fixPermissions.sh. I guess we're not the first ones running into
> this permission issue...
Ooops, yep I logged in and ran the script. Thanks.

Jim