Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/23 21:24:16 UTC

MyFaces 1.2 + Tomahawk Kickstart was: Re: Myfaces 1.2.0 setup issues (again)

Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
> release often, release early ... :-)

Ok guys I am dropping the tomahawk builds and the blank application as
well as a working myfaces 1.2 sandbox war into

http://people.apache.org/~werpu/

as we speak, first of all
there is a slight build error, once extracted you safely can remove
the jstl-1.1.jar from the WEB-INF/lib

the wars should work out of the box on a tomcat 6 install with a jdk5+
most tomahawk components seem to work, the same goes for the sandbox,
3-4 fail on tomahawk, and the same on the sandbox for various reasons
(most of them are slight programming errors, or misuse of the 1.1 spec
to achieve a certain functionality)

Note, all this wont work with jdk 1.4 or a non JEE5 compliant servlet
runner since myfaces relies on the latest JSP and Servlet
implementations (as defined by the spec)

The blank application should get you kickstarted and the tomahawk build
should give you an overview which components work.

Have much fun with myfaces 1.2

As for a short explanation on how to get the build
simply check out myfaces and do a mvn clean pack -Djsf=12 on the
examples and it will configure everything for myfaces 1.2

a -Djsf=ri12 should make the packing for the ri according to Bruno.

I will add a wiki page the next few days explaining everything so that
people have an easier time to kickstart with myfaces 1.2.

Werner

Re: MyFaces 1.2 + Tomahawk Kickstart was: Re: Myfaces 1.2.0 setup issues (again)

Posted by Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com>.
Guys, you got me all misty eyed.When's the first Apache Hug Fest / Myfaces
Love Parade? ;-)
MyFaces may not be the RI for JSF, it certainly smells like the RI for a dev
community ;-)
Kudos,
-Wolf

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Martin Marinschek schrieb:
> So the outcome is that generally it works?
>
> What was the difference in the setup then?
>
> regards,
>
> Martin

I have not looked to deeply into it yet - sleep before midnight makes
sense ;-)
, sorry, I was glad that it finally works.
I assume it was/is a missing jar or an old version
of a dependency.
The main problem I still see is the dependency into commons-el which
might cause sideeffects besides that nothing seems out of order for now.

Re: MyFaces 1.2 + Tomahawk Kickstart was: Re: Myfaces 1.2.0 setup issues (again)

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: MyFaces 1.2 + Tomahawk Kickstart was: Re: Myfaces 1.2.0 setup issues (again)

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.