Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Namit Jain <nj...@facebook.com> on 2010/02/11 18:29:22 UTC

Re: Best way to move Hive tables+data from one Hadoop cluster to another

Is it a one time operation or continuous one ?

If it is a one-time operation, the steps suggested below should work.

Otherwise, you need to set up a process which will continuously feed the source and
apply changes in the destination. Let me know, if this is the case - we have a
similar requirement in facebook, and have set up a replication process (which is not
open-source), but I can tell the main design points.

Thanks,
-namit

On 2/11/10 9:25 AM, "Edward Capriolo" <ed...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think it is pretty simple
1)distcp the warehouse
2)rsync your derby DB
--or--
backup restore derby

This assumes you are not going to edit anything while moving.