Posted to users@maven.apache.org by chicagopooldude <Se...@cmegroup.com> on 2009/10/16 22:57:56 UTC

JNLP webstart-maven-plugin jar version issue

Hi Every one,
First thanks for looking, I am using webstart-maven-plugin to create JNLP
files like this from vm files
<excludeTransitive>true</excludeTransitive>
					<jnlpFiles>
						<jnlpFile>
							<templateFilename>
								jnlpProd.vm

<jarResources>
								<jarResource>
									<groupId>com.my</groupId>
									<artifactId>
										client
									</artifactId>
									<version>${pom.version}</version>
									<mainClass>
										com.my.Main
									</mainClass>

being the main class to put into jnlp as jar like this

<jar href="client.jar" version="3.5.1.5" main="true"/>

as can be seen the above line the jar has no extension with version as is
common in maven jars so when the jnlp is invoked from the browser the jars
are not found as the client-3.5.1.5.jar is the actual jar located on the web
server how can this be solved.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Re: JNLP webstart-maven-plugin jar version issue

Posted by chicagopooldude <Se...@cmegroup.com>.
This was happening cause we never were using jnlp download servlet, the
project earlier was just using jnlp files only.

This use versions of the jar in the jnlp. Configure project to use jnlp jars
which i could not find any where on maven so i added them to my local repo
but you should find them in Java\jdk1.6.0_13\sample\jnlp\servlet\jnlp.jar.

               <dependency>
			<groupId>com.sun.jnlp</groupId>
			<artifactId>jnlp-servlet</artifactId>
			<version>1.0</version>
		</dependency>

then add this to web.xml

	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>JnlpDownloadServlet</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>
			jnlp.sample.servlet.JnlpDownloadServlet
		</servlet-class>
	</servlet>
	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>JnlpDownloadServlet</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/yourpattern/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

make sure you have your jnlp and jars and most importantly version.xml file
in application root in such way that /yourparttern will have them and your
are ready to go.