Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Karsten Theis <ka...@prostep.de> on 2003/02/28 10:06:49 UTC

Handling of idrefs

Hi,
I've a performance problem in handling idrefs.

My input XML uses idrefs like this:

<elem1 id=id1>
	<related_elements>id2 id3</related_elements>
</elem1>
<elem2 id=id2>
	<blabla></elem2>
<elem3 id=id3>
	<blabla>
</elem3>

There is the XPATH function "id" with the following syntax: "node-set
id(object)". This function can be used to get a node-set of all referenced
elements, but it works only if I have a DTD in my input document!

Without a DTD I can use a complex XPATH-Expression but this is very slow.

Is there a way to use the "id"-function without a DTD?
Or does anybody know an other way to get a node-set of all refereced
elements?

Ciao, Karsten