Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Irfan Hamid <ih...@salesforce.com> on 2016/08/31 19:25:31 UTC

3.4.6 rolling restart failing with "Have smaller server identifier"

Hi,

I have a 5 node ensemble on which I restarted server.1. Ever since it is
unable to rejoin the quorum. I've even tried bringing everything down and
restarting all the servers (starting at server.1 and working my way up to
server.5) but still no joy.

The log messages are of the form:

xxxxx- Have smaller server identifier, so dropping the connection: (2, 1)
xxxxx- Have smaller server identifier, so dropping the connection: (3, 1)
xxxxx- Have smaller server identifier, so dropping the connection: (4, 1)
xxxxx- Have smaller server identifier, so dropping the connection: (5, 1)

I've looked and it seems like 3.4.6 has the fix for this
via ZOOKEEPER-1805. So what am I doing wrong/how can I fix it?

TIA,
Irfan.

Re: 3.4.6 rolling restart failing with "Have smaller server identifier"

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com>.
What if the rolling restart is performed from highest sid to lowest sid -
5, 4, 3, 2, 1 in this case - would this work?

--
Cheers
Michael.