Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Scott Kidder <ki...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/22 19:01:25 UTC

Creating Job Savepoints at Regular Intervals

I'd like to create job savepoints at regular intervals to be used in the
event of a total job failure where it's not possible to restore from a
checkpoint. I'm aware that automatic savepoints are planned as part of
FLIP-10, but I need something more immediate (using Flink 1.1.3).

I'm curious how other Flink users are doing this. CRON job on the active
job-manager? Mostly just looking for a sanity-check.

Thanks!

--Scott Kidder

Re: Creating Job Savepoints at Regular Intervals

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I personally use cron + grep the output for the savepoint path and write it
to a file to keep track of the latest savepoints for each job.

I can then use the last line of this file to restore from the latest
savepoint if necessary.

Cheers,
Gyula

Scott Kidder <ki...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2016. nov. 22., K,