Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Perry Hoekstra <du...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/04 15:28:50 UTC

HttpClient - Use as a server

Question: Can HttpClient be used to build a tiny Web Server?  Yes, I know
that is not the charter of the package.  However, I need to build a tiny Web
Server that accepts posts on a given port for some testing.  I built  a
rudimentary socket server but I would like to use something with a little
more abstraction and ran into HttpClient.

Thoughts?  If not HttpClient, anyone know an open source Java package that
would provide the ability to build a minimal Web Server of off?

Perry Hoekstra

Re: HttpClient - Use as a server

Posted by Kwok Peng Tuck <pe...@makmal.net>.
You can try using jetty and integrate into your app. Jetty is rather
small and easy to use (and open source).
See http://jetty.mortbay.com

Posted by Ted Stockwell <em...@yahoo.com>.
Here's a very tiny web server that I have used serveral times over the
last few years... http://acme.com/java/software/Acme.Serve.Serve.html.

Reading the code is also good education.

http://calendar.yahoo.com