Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Dominique Paquin <dp...@okiok.com> on 2005/09/20 17:24:48 UTC

SocketAppender and the transient message attribute

Greetings all,

I am currently trying to implement a SocketAppender that will talk to a
SocketNode I have on the server side.

Up to now, I am able to implement all this and have messages sent from
the Client to the Server.
My message is contained in the message attribute of the LoggingEvent
object and it is a complex object that contains a very large amount of
audit information.

I can see in LoggingEvent that the message attribute is *transient*, I
actually need that object on the server side.

*Question 1)* Was this implemented like this intentionally ?
*Question 2)* If it is not a bug, what should I do to have my message
object on the server side?

Thanks
Dominique Paquin