Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Kahn <ci...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/21 18:51:16 UTC

Jelly Replace & Maven 1.0.2 - Docs and Reality Don't Match up?

I am using maven102 to try some simple pattern manipulation on a property.
According to the doc for the jelly util:replace tag, I can replace strings
withing a string.  According to how its working, I cannot do this.  Could it
be that the docs refer to a release of jelly after my release of maven?

I have a property that looks like this
     foo=one two three

and I'd like to snip the 'two' out of it.  According to the jelly docs for
jelly:util:replace I should be able to use the set of attributess (oldChar,
newChar) for changing individual characters and the set (old, new) for
changing strings
   Doc:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/util/tags.html#util:replace

Therefore the following should be true
 where u is jelly:util
   <u:replace value="${maven.help.all}" var="x" trim="True" oldChar="two"
newChar=" "/>
   <echo>${x}</echo>

 The result should be  'one wo hree'

 And for this
   <u:replace value="${maven.help.all}" var="x" trim="True" old="two" new="
"/>
   <echo>${x}</echo>

 The result should be 'one three'

The problem is  when I use the old and new attributes, I get the following
error
maven.xml:13:93: <u:replace> This tag does not understand the 'old'
attribute

--
Peter Kahn
citizenkahn@gmail.com

Re: Jelly Replace & Maven 1.0.2 - Docs and Reality Don't Match up?

Posted by Peter Kahn <ci...@gmail.com>.
Great. Thanks.  I should have gone to the community several hours ago.  I
snuck around it with some ant regexp manipulation (not as clean, but it
works).

--
Peter Kahn
citizenkahn@gmail.com

Re: Jelly Replace & Maven 1.0.2 - Docs and Reality Don't Match up?

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.