Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Rose, Billy" <wr...@loislaw.com> on 2002/04/29 22:48:37 UTC

FYI, Linux threads - possible concern

FYI, I found this on the MySQL web site:

The STACK_SIZE constant in LinuxThreads controls the spacing of thread
stacks in the address space. It needs to be large enough so that there will
be plenty of room for the stack of each individual thread, but small enough
to keep the stack of some thread from running into the global mysqld data.
Unfortunately, the Linux implementation of mmap(), as we have experimentally
discovered, will successfully unmap an already mapped region if you ask it
to map out an address already in use, zeroing out the data on the entire
page, instead of returning an error.

This link will take you to the section with this...
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Installing.html#Li
nux

Billy Rose
wrose@loislaw.com